v6.4.1 Hot-fix Release
Nov 15, 2016
There was a problem in the symbol version declaration for the new
Mlt::Profile::is_valid() method that was breaking some scripting language
bindings including Python.
You can download it from GitHub.
Nov 11, 2016
You can download it from GitHub.
This is both a bugfix and enhancement release:
- Added functions for multi-threaded slice-based image processing:
mlt_slices_init, mlt_slices_close, and mlt_slices_run.
- Added Mlt::Profile::is_valid().
- Added MLT_DIRLIST_DELIMITER to mlt_types.h.
- Renamed mlt++/config.h to mlt++/MltConfig.h.
- Fixed mlt_properties_set_lcnumeric() on macOS.
- Fixed address of Free Software Foundation in comment headers.
- Added crop_to_fill property to composite transition.
- Added sliced_composite property to composite transition.
- Added peak and true peak properties to loudness_meter filter.
- Added qtblend transition and filter to qt module.
- Added ndi (NewTek NDI) module with producer and consumer.
- Added opencv module with opencv_tracker filter.
- Added line_spacing, strech, wrap_width, and wrap_type properties to
- Added oblique value for style property to pango producer.
- Added fontmap-reload event to pango producer.
- Added support for pkg-config to sdl module.
- Added .kra (Krita Image) file name extension to loader.dict.
- Improved performance of kdenlivetitle producer.
- Improved decklink producer and consumer.
- Improved accuracy of seeking on lossy compressed audio in
- Improved mix transition using 32-bit floating point.
- Fixed avfilter when image format changes.
- Fixed loading relative file name in vidstab filter.
- Fixed crash on Windows with avfilter.
- Fixed parsing LADSPA_PATH with semi-colon delimiter on Windows.
- Fixed parsing FREI0R_PATH with semi-colon delimiter on Windows.
- Fixed reading relative path with backslash (Windows) in xml producer.
- Fixed loading relative file name for av.file (avfilter).
- Fixed loading multiple LADSPA plugins on some systems.
- Fixed compile error when not configured with –enable-gpl.
- Fixed loading in avfilter.lut3d in locales with comma decimal point.
- Fixed a possible crash in resample filter.
- Fixed alpha channel in kdenlivetitle producer.
- Fixed possible crash in pixbuf and qimage producers.
- Fixed count when counting down in count producer.
- Moved some avformat presets from lossless to new intermediate folder.
- Added a YouTube avformat consumer preset.
- Changed metadata.rb metadata publisher to output Markdown.
Apr 20, 2016
You can download it from SourceForge
. The major announcement is the introduction of support for libavfilter
! This is still a work-in-progress. It is limited to FFmpeg 2.3 and up, and there are a number of filters that are black-listed because they are known to not integrate with MLT, which is not a full libav* environment or simple wrapper for it. There are likey avfilters that are not yet black-listed but might not work because they have not been completely tested. Also, they do not support MLT's keyframable property animation nor its frame-threaded parallelism due to architectural or integration limitations. However, some avfilters are slice-threaded (internal parallelism), and that works. Finally, libavfilter filtergraph syntax is not supported either.
All of the supported libavfilters are exposed as MLT filters beginning with the prefix "avfilter." All of the avfilter parameters are exposed as MLT properties with the "av." prefix to prevent clashes with MLT properties. You can run
melt -query filters to see the new avfilters, and
melt -query filter=avfilter.rotate
, for example, to view generated documentation for an individual filter.
Here is a list of notable fixes and enhancements in this release:
- Added support for libavfilter to avformat module.
- Added auto-rotate support to avformat producer.
- Added animated GIF preset for avformat consumer.
- Prevent serializing and deserializing mlt_type property to xml module.
- Fixed relative paths for WebVfx "plain:" resources in xml module.
- Updated libebur128 to v1.1.0 in plus module.
- Added dynamic_loudness filter to plus module.
- Added loudness_meter filter to plus module.
- Qt 5 fixes for kdenlivetitle producer.
- Added gradients and text shadows to kdenlivetitle producer.
- Added support for building rtaudio against external build of lib.
- Upgraded bundled RtAudio to v4.1.2.
- Added status parameters to ladspa producer and filters.
- Added 5.1 surround to stereo downmix to audiochannels filter in core module.
- Fixed compiling SWIG bindings for Ruby 2.0.
Feb 17, 2016
This is a bugfix and minor enhancement release. Note that our release versioning scheme has changed. We were approaching 1.0 but decided to synchronize release version with the C library ABI version, which is currently at v6. You can download it from SourceForge
. Here are some of the notable changes and enhancements:
- Added unit tests for tractor, multitrack, and field.
- Deprecate mlt_frame_get_alpha_mask().
- Added drop_count readable property to mlt_consumer.
- Added mlt_factory_repository().
- Added mlt_properties_to_utf8().
- Define MIN, MAX, CLAMP in mlt_types.h in not already defined.
- Switched to __APPLE__ and _WIN32 defines throughout codebase.
- Added UDP and SMPTE 2022-2 support to cbrts consumer.
- Fixed build against latest FFmpeg versions - now requires v1.1 and up.
- Added audiospectrum filter to qt module.
- Added meta.media.0.codec.rotate property to avformat producer to let apps and other services get the media orientation.
- Make the avformat producer handle animated images.
- Added style property to dynamictext filter.
- Added timewarp producer to core module.
- Fixed slowly accumulating A/V sync drift in mix audio transition.
- Added width_crop and width_fit properties to pango producer.
- Added -abort option to simply exit without full cleanup.
- Fix key-press handling on Windows.
SMPTE 2022-2 Output Added
Sep 10, 2015
Thanks to the sponsorship of BCE
(Broadcast Centre Europe), the git version of the cbrts consumer
now includes SMPTE 2022-2 RTP/UDP output. It has been successfully tested for 36 hours of continuous playback with an ateme DR8400 IRD and the DecTek StreamXpert performing PCR analysis and TR 101 290 monitoring.